My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

World Thinking Day ~ Mexico

Each year the Girl Scouts celebrate World Friendship with a Thinking Day. In our area, we have a very special event. Each troop selects a country to study, then on one evening we all come together and perform songs, skits or dances to show the audience what we have learned. Our troop picked Mexico this year. We choose this country because our Brownie Bookworm club was reading the American Girl book Josefina. Her family moved to the United States from Mexico.

The girls and women wear a shawl called a "rebozo." So we all made one. You can see us wearing them in the top picture. We performed a mexican dance. Do you see me? I am wearing a striped turtleneck shirt. For snack we served tortilla chips.

2 comments:

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Some of my favorite times were in Girl Scouts! I really liked when we learned about international things.

Beverly said...

looks like so much fun!