My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, March 13, 2009

New Millennium Celebration

Back in 1999 everyone was going crazy with the year turning to 2000. So we planned a big outing at the Holiday Inn Holidome in Richfield.

Girl Scout rules require a lifeguard on duty for us to swim. The hotel did not have one, so my mom had to take a six week lifesaving class before we could go. She was 40 years old and the rest of the class was mostly 15 and 16 year olds. But she passed. And we got to swim all weekend.
Do you like my tie-dyed pajamas? We did them at camp last summer. Our millenium party was fun.

1 comment:

datri said...

Yep, a lifeguard is important -- when Laurie went swimming at a Brownie event, she almost drowned. She was trying to swim across the pool in the 9 foot area and just disappeared. I had to yell at the lifeguard to go get her. Good thing he was there!