My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Learning to Kayak at Fairport Harbor

How cool is this? I love being a Junior Scout. First we learned how to use the paddle on land and then we got into the water. My kayak was red.

Once I got the hang of it I did really good. Lisa came along too. Do you see us in our life jackets. We had so much fun. Did I mention the really cute instructor we had? He looked just like Tom Cruise.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, You are truly changing our world. I have decided the doctors lied to us. You are showing us that anything is possible. And you look so adorable doing it. We so appreciate you and your family taking the time to post these great photos.

Lilia's grandmother.

Carol N. said...

Lucky you, Sarah! I've always wanted to learn to kayak!

Ellen said...

Sarah, we share similar taste in men, as I have always thought Tom Cruise is very hot, too!

I am so glad you enjoyed kayaking. I tried it a few times with my husband, and once we almost went over a waterfall, so we decided to not kayak together and preserve our marriage!!!

Michelle said...

Sarah - it looks like you had a great time. Love the photos.

Cammie Heflin said...

That looks so fun!

Monica said...

Kayaking is on my list of things I want to do someday!!! Looks like you had a great time. And how could you not with an instructor that looks like Tom Cruise ;)