My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

First Outdoor Ride of Spring

A perfect day for riding.

Meet Ridge. He is the horse I ride every week.

We are doing maneuvers around the cones and over the logs.
Doug encourages me on. He is a volunteer that has been with me for many years. I made a video for him. You can watch it by clicking on the link above this post.

I was really happy that my little brother came to see me ride today. Thanks Matt.

10 comments:

Lacey said...

How fun for you. I hope Jax can do that some day.

datri said...

We don't start riding until April 15. I can't wait!

If you are in Columbus on April 5, we're having a birthday party (Kayla's 5th birthday) & meetup at Polaris Mall (food court) at 1PM. Assuming Kayla is over her stomach virus by then! :-)

Kelly said...

Sarah that looks like so much fun!

Nan P. said...

Woah! Sarah, that is brilliant. You look so cool, and confident!

I have never gone horse riding... must add it to my list of "Things to Try Out".

By the way, the music is pretty cool too! ;-)

Beverly said...

I cant wait for Noah to be able to take lessons! Looks like you have a wonderful time each week!

Scarehaircare said...

I used to ride horses a long time ago when my grandpa had horses. I wonder if I can find a place like that for The Love Magnet?

Mel said...

That looks like great fun. Hopefully Luke will be able to ride too when he is old enough ;)

SunflowerMom said...

You look like a natural! What a great experience for you. I bet it is nice to get outside to ride.

sheree said...

wow! I am so impressed! And Ridge looks like a sweet horse!

Nicole said...

That looks so fun! I always wanted to ride a horse.