My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, March 6, 2009

Discovery Days ~ Day Camp

This summer I went to a week of Girl Scout Day camp. It is called Discovery Days because we discover so many new things. I got to be a flag bearer one day. We learned how to build a fire. I had to gather up little kindling wood. We made s'mores.

We tye-dyed shirts. Well actually we prayed them with paint. And we went fishing, pretend fishing I guess since there was no water.

Here we are waiting to be picked up after a long day. These girls are from my troop, but there are a total of 200 girls in this day camp. I am the only one with Down syndrome, but no one seems to care. I am meeting lots of new friends.

No comments: