My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

...Crossover to Brownies

We had to walk across that little bridge to become a Brownie. It is a tradition. I had to be very careful because I had an IV line in my arm. I was very sick that day, but you would never know it because Girl Scouts always made me smile. The doctor let me leave the hospital just so I would not miss the Crossover ceremony.



Yes!!! Now we are Brownies. This is my friend Lisa. She used to be in another troop that my mom helped lead. Now she helps out in our troop. She also lives across the street from me and babysits too. I love Lisa.
.
Oh and there is my matching American Girl doll. We both had Brownie uniforms and beanies. I loved wearing my beanie.

7 comments:

wife, mother and so much more! said...

These are great memories, Sarah! Awesome pics!

Kim Rees said...

Those pics are awesome Sarah! I love your matching American Girl doll!

Monica said...

It is so fun seeing these pictures from your childhood!!!!!

SunflowerMom said...

I love seeing your scrap book! I remember doing the Brownie ceremony, too. You look so cute in your uniform with your matching doll.

AZ Chapman said...

did u make the scrape book it is realy good, I wished I had done girl soucts

JRS said...

I remember my cross over ceremony too. Thanks for sharing your memories.
---Jen

Little Miss E said...

I love seeing pictures of you as a little girl!