My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

10,000 Cans for Burned Children

When we started as Daisy Girl Scouts our community service project of the year was collecting aluminum cans for burned children. Once a month we would count each can. It helped us all learn to count into the 100's.

After we had collected 1,000 cans we decided to keep on going and try to reach 10,000 cans. My mom arranged for us to be at the fire department the night we reached that big number.

A fireman came out to talk to us and tell us about the camp that the kids attend each summer and to thank us for our hard work. I was proud of what we did.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Sarah, it looks like your troop was very busy doing both fun things and very helpful things for your community. Are you still involved with Girl Scouting?

We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our GS cookies...they were delayed by the big snow storm in the East last week. Hannah can't wait for the tagalongs!