My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

You're Kidding, Right?

Well believe it or not, the house is finally ready for the carpet. It is coming tomorrow and then we will be moving back home.

OH. NO. My mom's phone just rang. We have come to a screeching halt...

Mom: "Rob I am not in the mood for funny stuff. Now give it to me straight. Just give me the bad news first."

Rob: " The guys started cutting the carpet this morning and it is defective."

Mom: "WHAT!!!! What do you mean defective"

Rob: "Well, there is a white line running down the middle of the roll. The whole roll."

Mom: "And what's the good news?"

Rob: "The mill will give you 10% off."

Mom: "ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I just dumped my entire life savings into this house, lived in a hotel for three weeks, and now you want to put carpet in with a white line down the middle? You're kidding, right?"

Rob: "That's what I thought you'd say, but I had to ask."

Mom: "How long before you can get it replaced."

Rob: "Two weeks - three tops"

Mom: WHAT!!!!!!!!!

Oh Boy, My mom is steaming mad. Gotta go now.

10 comments:

Kristen said...

I would be mad too! 10% is hardly any discount worth having noticeably defective carpet. Bummer. My heart goes out to you all. How frustrating!

Beverly said...

I would have been upset too! I love all the new colors in the house!

The VW's said...

Home improvement projects never go the way you plan! I feel your pain!

Mary said...

Wow! I'd be steaming mad too! What's up with 10%? That was a ridiculous offer!

whatever to us said...

Oh my! Not the news anyone wants to hear in the middle of a remodel project and 10%? Seriously? I don't think I would've even called with that offer...ugh! Hope things work out quicker than expected and with no extra delays.

Lianna said...

Woah, I'd be angry too! I hope it works out and quick!

Becca said...

Oh, yikes. Good luck with everything!

Jeanette said...

Oh dear! I hope they find a better solution!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

YIKES! I'd be fuming too! I think I would be more angry that they thought 10% would fix it!

Debbie Yost said...

I'd be mad too. 10% is a slap in the face. They weren't even trying! I hope they put a rush on the order.