My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Watch out for Splinters

(February 18, 2008) I am not happy. I thought the carpet would be here when we got home from Columbus. It's not here and now I am going to be sleeping on plywood.

My mom told me I have to have slippers on my feet at all times because I could get splinters in my feet if I was not wearing them. Ouch.

OK, maybe this is not so bad. My mom has my bed all fixed up. All the beach towels are on the floor to put my stuff on. It is sorta like being at the beach she says.


My little brother had no problem adjusting. He crashed as soon as we got home. That's because he stays up all night in Columbus watching soccer games on the tv. He can't get that channel here in Cleveland.

Look at him. His head is half off the mattress and he doesn't even care. I hope this doesn't last too long. I can't wait for my new bedroom furniture to come.

4 comments:

wife, mother and so much more! said...

My question is--does your brother know that you posted a picture of him sleeping??

HMMM, you know pay back isn't fun!

Lacey said...

Boys can sleep anywhere. What an adventure for you.

SunflowerMom said...

oh man, what a project!

JennyH said...

Hopefully soon the carpet will be in!