My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Wait Lists and Wallpaper

This is my bedroom.

It was not always this messy until we started packing.

This is my little brothers bedroom. It is usually this messy. And it is bigger, much bigger.
I am on a wait list to move into my own place. I am number 2002 on the wait list. They move through about 20-30 people a year. This means I could be 50 before my name comes up. So my little brother is going to switch rooms with me, so I will have more space as I grow older. They have to take the wallpaper down first. Matt doesn't like my pink stripes for some reason.

My little brother can be in the house, so he is doing his homework while my mom unloads our bedrooms...

...into the front room. That looks like my mattress on top of the pool table.

Oh and all my clothes too.

I SEE MY BEAR!!! SOMEONE BRING MY BEAR TO THE HOLIDAY INN !!!

8 comments:

Debbie Yost said...

What a nice brother you have!

I hope you get your bear soon.

Beth said...

How is the Holiday Inn? I guess they have good internet service! Is there a pool?

I hope that you can get back home soon, at least to snatch your bear. Hannah has a favorite bear, Molasses, who has to go with us on trips. Sometimes he goes to the doctor with her as well.

Beverly said...

So nice of your brother to trade rooms with you! Hope you can enjoy your new room soon!

Anonymous said...

Joyce, can you explain that wait list. I do not understand the long wait. How long have you been on it. Is that something we should be getting our children on now?

Tsquared417 said...

Oh my goodness...what a lot of work! I hope everyone gets settled soon. :)

The VW's said...

You definitely need your bear Sarah!

Hope the remodeling goes well and quickly! Our house is always in a state of remodeling it seems, Not fun!

Mary said...

What a fantastic thing for your brother to do for you!

Little Miss E said...

Have fun in your new room! I love your blog, thank you for sharing it with us!!