My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Valentine Message for our Son

Dear TJ,
No matter where life takes us in the future, Valentine's Day 2008 will undoubtedly be one of the treasured few. Simply the fact that your beating heart was so close to mine as we tightly embraced while standing in the emergency room Sunday night, is a priceless memory for me. When I think of what might have happened, I could easily crumble, yet I have found immense peace and contentment in knowing we are surrounded by love and angels truly abound. There have been so many unbelievable, yet divinely controlled facets to this experience.

My second greatest memory of this Valentine's week, was watching you and Julie melt into each other's arms when we first arrived in Wooster. You two share a remarkable bond for being so young. Cherish your relationship and your love, as I know you do. Dad and I are so very proud of you. Happy Valentine's Day!!! Love, Mom

8 comments:

Lacey said...

Happy Valentines day!!

Melissa said...

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO YOU & YOUR FAMILY;)
[[HUGS!]]

Nan P. said...

I have waited until I read all episodes of this event to comment (and you write it so well, your lover shines through every word).

My comment is simply: yes, no matter what happens, it's for a reason. Usually beyond us, beyond our understanding. But I firmly believe we are looked after, when it really matters...

Kim Rees said...

Wow! I had to go back and read the entire story. I have to say I have not been following your blog as closely as you follow mine but I have to say after reading your story I was truly moved. It helps put everything into perspective as we have been going through so much with our little Liliana. You are truly an inspiration to me and I am glad that I read your blog. God definitely moves in mysterious ways and he always intervenes at just the right time. Thanks for sharing this story with us.

Ellen said...

That is one awesome tribute. I have seen wedding videos that were less moving!

This really is an amazing Valentine's Day for all of you. Enjoy.

Heather said...

Thank you for sharing your heart and the love and bond between mother and son ... and sister.Truly beautiful.Love from Zoey Grace.

Ginger said...

i have not read the whole story on your blog but I look forward to doing so. I wanted to say Hello to Sarah and say thank you for writing on our blog. I see that we are one of the blogs you follow. thank you so much. I will be following yours as well.

Jeanette said...

What an especially Happy Valentine's Day for you all!