My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Good Bye Hospital

Time to go back to the hotel. The hospital is kicking me out. Just in time because I have a fitting for my prom dress and we have to measure for my new furniture. My mom says my walls are painted. I can't wait to see.

I'm ready. Where is transportation?? They are always late. Why can't I just walk out of here?

Can you see my new walls? They are coral. My mom measured off were my furniture will go. I am going to have an entertainment center for a new tv.

That big square is for my new bed. It is going to be bigger than my old one. We have to go to the store now to order it.

10 comments:

wife, mother and so much more! said...

Absolutely beautiful color!!

I have to add that your mom is one smart cookie to measure and tape where your furniture would go.

I must have missed a blog post because I had no idea that you were in the hospital--I'm glad to see that you're much better, Sarah!

Mel said...

Your room is looking great Sarah- I can't wait to see how it looks when it is finished.

I am hoping that the hospital visit was last year too, and you are all better now, and have been well for a long time. It sounds very scary for you and your family.

Junior said...

I love that color, can't wait to see the room when it is all finished.

Jeanette said...

I am glad that you are going home. How exciting that your room is getting a makeover! I love the color Coral. I can't wait to see pictures when it is done.

Lacey said...

So glad your home, it must feel great. I'm excited to see your new room.

Pam said...

Love that room, can't wait to see when it's finished.

I am so glad you are doing better and are out of the hospital. Sounds like it was scary, but you did great!!

I's wonderful when you have an awesome bear to keep you company though!

Tell your mom that I am proud of her for staying so calm, and you for getting better!!

Kele said...

Pretty cool Sara! Can't wait to see it when something is inside the blue tape. Your mother is very efficient!!

Heather said...

You and Zoey both got to say bye,bye to the hospital today.Continue feeling better and I cannot wait to see the room and house remodel!

WheresMyAngels said...

I love how the room is measured off, that is so cool. Cheyenne was sleeping in her metal bunkbed top when it bent in half. Thank goodness it didn't squash Mercede. I just bought them a new bunk but haven't put it up yet. Still can't find new bedding they all like.

Lianna said...

That's SO great that you're out of the hospital! Hopefully, you'll be home soon and in your new bed!