My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Requesting Marcos Please

Sarah has not been eating for the past few days. It starts to alarm me when I can see her shoulder blades protruding and her sweet face loosing it's fullness. So when Sarah asked for Marcos Pizza last night I went a running to get it.


We had a small problem. Do you see the hand on the counter? That is her right and dominant hand and she refuses to move it with the IV line in place.
Finally after much coaxing, I convinced her she could indeed feed herself with the left hand.

Right now we are getting the last injection of Rocephin. She decided she was well enough to come downstairs and sit in the big chair for the half hour it takes. I think we are finally turning the corner. This has been a dozy of an episode. We have not seen one quite this bad for several years, but it does give pause to the fact that we have not totally out grown them like I had hoped. I guess Sarah will be susceptible to pneumonia for the rest of her life.

12 comments:

JRS said...

Yay for pizza and getting better!
---Jen

Lacey said...

Yum I could eat pizza anytime. I guess its good to know for us moms of babies that it doesn't end when they get older.

Beverly said...

So glad that Sarah is feeling better.

Tsquared417 said...

I hope she has turned a corner...you can't go wrong with Marco's!

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Keep eating that pizza - it looks yummy!!

Laurie said...

That pizza looks deelish!! I hope that Sarah is feeling better asap!
((Hugs))

Junior said...

Pizza sounds great, glad you are starting to feel better.

Ellen said...

Oh, Sarah, I hope the pizza has fully healed you! I do believe it has magical powers.

Michelle said...

oh Sarah I'm sorry to hear you've been so sick! At least you're getting well enough to request pizza! Get better soon!

Cammie Heflin said...

So glad to see that she's feeling better!

Loren Stow said...

So glad to hear that Sarah is feeling better and eating Pizza - yum yum!
I hope that she continues to feel better and better every day!

Lisa said...

Hope today is a good one...the sunshine and warmer temps should help! And pizza always helps :)!