My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Conversations between a Mom & Her Son

A MESSAGE FROM MOM: During this crazy construction project I was trying to keep our oldest son, TJ, informed of what was going on while he was at college. So I would send him emails. I thought it would be informative to post a few here and there while Sarah is posting photos. You will definately get a better sense of the emotional roller coaster we are about to encounter. Don't forget we are telling this story from this time, last year.

Hi TJ, It's late. I just stopped by the office to get packing tape, so I thought I would check my messages.

Sarah is having a major asthma episode at the hotel, so I am out getting her breathing equipment and supplies. I think we kept her at the house one night too long plus the temperature in the hotel room is either freezing cold or hot like a suana. It's hard for her airway to adjust.

The check for your tuition is in process of clearing our checking account, so you are in good shape. I just paniced for a moment cause it looked like they had shut your statement down, but then I realized they are getting ready to post spring quarter. When do you sign up for classess?

The tile is done in your bathroom - looks good - sophisticated. It is also done around the fireplace. I think we will be in the hotel for at least another week. This project is much larger than we originally thought. Ugh.

1 comment:

Tsquared417 said...

I'm glad you posted that...I somehow missed that this was last year! :)