My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Conversation Between a Mom & Her Son ~ Pictures too Priceless for Words

Hey TJ, Matt and I are at the office. Dad and I just switched out at the hospital. The adolescent wing is full so we are back on the pediatric floor and it has been like a reunion. So many of the nurses are still there and remember Sarah. They are stopping in to see us even if they don't have her case. One wanted to know about Sarah's cute little brother who used to always be with her and would sit on the other side of the door and blow her kisses through the window when she was in isolation with RSV(I'm sure I have pictures of that). They cannot believe when I tell them you are a sophomore in college.

We stopped at the house before coming here. All the ceilings are done and they are starting with the color next. I'm seeing progress. TTYL, Love Mom



I went digging for those photos. Oddly enough the ones I found are almost fifteen years to the day. I am so amazed the nurses remembered that. The nurses on the pediatric floor at the Cleveland Clinic were just wonderful. I would think working with sick little kids every day would take a toll, but obviously they must enjoy it as so many are still here.






15 comments:

Cammie Heflin said...

These are precious pictures, gave me tears! I so hope Sarah gets better soon.

Karly said...

I can see why something so sweet would stick with those nurses!

Michelle said...

That is so sweet - I can't believe that 15 years later, the nurses remember that! How cool is that!?

Lacey said...

Wow that is so sweet.

Cathy said...

How absolutely adorable. Thanks for digging out those pictures and sharing!!!

Lianna said...

I have tears, too. I can see how the nurses have remembered after all this time.

I must catch up with your writings (both you and Sarah). I am sorry to learn that Sarah is in the hospital! Hugs!

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

Those pictures are priceless!!! I am also very impressed at how organized you are to be able to find those pictures as you were thinking of them! My girls are only 5 1/2 months + 2 1/2 yrs old and already I KNOW I would not be able to find exact pictures I would be thinking of that easily!!! VERY IMPRESSIVE

Junior said...

Those pictures are just priceless, you can tell how much Sarah is loved by her brothers.

Tsquared417 said...

I would think that would be something the nurses would never forget...so sweet!!

Cheri said...

Oh my goodness....those are so sweet! Joyce I am so glad you found those, priceless!!

The VW's said...

PRECIOUS!!!

Jessica said...

The love captured in those photo's is priceless. You make me want a sibling for Caden!

Little Miss E said...

Those are beautiful. I love watching the relationship my children have with one another. They are both very blessed to have one another and these pictures are the proof!

Chrystal said...

So, so sweet! I love those photos.

Maureen said...

OH Joyce, those pictures just warm my heart so much. Happy Valentines day!