My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, February 13, 2009

The ANGELS are CRYSTAL Clear

(Note to readers: If you haven't read yesterdays entry, you may want to start there)

I finally make it back to Cleveland about 4:00 a.m. I drag myself through the lobby of the hotel and fall into the bed. A short time later, I feel heavy breathing on my face. I open one eye and it is Sarah looking straight into my eyeball. "Hello mom," she says. "Hello beautiful." My head feels like a throbbing bowling ball. I look around. Everything is just like it was when I left. Maybe this was a dream? Have I been dreaming?

"How is TJ?" she asks. No not a dream. "TJ is ok." I tell her. "I was crying." she says. "Oh why?" "TJ was in an accident." Oh Sarah, my sweet Sarah. I rub her hair and give her a kiss. "He is going to be all right," I assure her.

I start to remember about last night. I told TJ to call me when he got up. I want to find someone for him to talk to today. I've heard of people claiming to see angels, but I never really believed it. If not a hallucination, then maybe it's an after shock from an accident.

It's a school day, so I best get up and help John with the kids. I get into the shower and decide I better head over to the house to see what kind of progress has been made the last two days in my absence. I stop at the office first to check my email. I see one from TJ. I click it open and gasp. Chills overcome me as the hair on my neck stands on end. "JOHN," I scream. I can't even speak when he comes running, I simply point to the screen...




Without question, now I believe. Twelve stories below, in the freshly fallen snow, on the huge Ohio State University campus, my son photographed two angels at 3:00 in the morning directly below his window. One for Sarah and one for TJ, I decide. We sit in stunned silence for several minutes. How do you not believe when the pictures are crystal clear? We are speechless, totally speechless.

15 comments:

Lacia said...

WOW! I've been following the whole story so far and that is truly amazing. you can't even see any footprints in the snow, and those are perfectly made snow angels

Sonia said...

If there were a person who didn't believe, I hope hope hope after reading this story they believe now!

Tsquared417 said...

I believe!!

Bethany said...

Wow, that is amazing!!!

Ruby's Mom said...

Beautiful!

Terri said...

WOW, that is absolutely amazing. I've believe all along but this is proof for the non-believers.

Holly said...

Incredible,absolutely incredible!

What a story. I was thinking the same as Lacia... you can't see any footprints in the picture and the angels are perfect.

I am SO glad to hear TJ is okay and can't wait to read the next chapt. in this amazing story.

PetalsYoga said...

Your story has lifted me up and given me a great deal of joy for you and for your family. Thank you for sharing your miracle with us.

Linda said...

Thanks for sharing your story. I look forward to reading every day!

Amber said...

ive been reading your story sense the night of your sons accident I truly and hole heartly beleive in angels and God was deffently watching out over your son ! Be blessed and always take each day as a blessing I am glad that thing turned out as they did for him he could have seriously been hurt ! They say sometimes were given signs that just make you stop and Go Yes GOD i hear you ! THis is one for sure !

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Wow!!!! What more can I say, Wow?!?

JennyH said...

Wow- what a story. You are a very good writer. I am SO glad TJ came out of the car the way he did. That car looks bad!

How strange about the gas lady knowing mile marker 165. Maybe someone should do something about that spot!

Kim said...

How awesome was that! I truelly believe that was a special message for your family! Glad everything turned out the way it did!

Hector and Jennifer Varanini Sanchez said...

Awesome!

Michelle said...

I finally had the chance to catch up and read the whole story and have chills! From TJ walking away with virtually no injuries, from Julie not being on the passenger side, from Diane calling you, and now these pictures! wow!