My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, January 2, 2009

Shhhh....It's A Surprise

My mom and I spent the afternoon getting everything gathered in the car for a surprise party for my big brother TJ.

Can you guess how old he is going to be?

Yep, 21. It's a big one. I picked these napkins and plates out. Julie took him to dinner and as soon as he left we had to kick into fast gear to get everything set up.

And then I was waiting, and waiting and waiting. I thought they would never get here.

And then SURPRISE!!! We all jumped up and yelled at the same time.

There was food...

...and friends...

...and a cake with a lot of candles.

Looks like TJ is having a good time. His girlfriend Julie did all the work to get their friends here. She even had everyone park on another street and her brother Pete played chauffer to get everyone to our house so TJ would not see the cars. We really love Julie. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TJ!!!

5 comments:

hjoy said...

I love surprise parties. Looks like you guys did a great job keeping the surprise and had lots of fun.

whatever to us said...

Happy Birthday to TJ :) I have a brother whose nickname is TJ (well, my mom called him it at least-short for thomas jerald)...hope your brother had an awesome bday-looks like the party was fun for all...we have never managed a true surprise party in our family-someone always blabs :)

WheresMyAngels said...

Happy Birthday TJ!

I am trying to remember if I have ever been to a surprise birthday party. The only surprise party I can remember going to was my last baby shower.

Kele said...

Wow Sarah, you guys did a great job!

Michelle said...

what a wonderful surprise! happy belated 21st to TJ!