My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Pranksters ~ 2009 Style

So this morning when we went outside, it was obvious our house had been the target of some pranksters. First clue, the toilet paper in the tree...

My mom said it was not a very good job, she would have done better in her time. Mom, I'm shocked.

Then came the FU on the car window. Done with can cheese. Hmmmm... expensive, but not a bad choice.
I think is when my mom let out her own F.U. Magenta paint balls on the white garage door. NOT COOL.
Don't forget we live in Ohio, the temperature outside is 16 degrees today. So now it is frozen.


Oh great, it is also on the gutter. My dad was not too happy either. Actully, he called the police to come write up a report. Crime is not a typical way of life in our neighboorhood, so the officer was probably glad to have some humor on a Sunday morning. Stay tuned for the clean up. I'm just hoping I don't have to help.
.
Note to pranksters...Hey, my mom wants to know why you didn't just use eggs? That's what kids used to use. Mom!!! How do you know that?

15 comments:

Bethany said...

Wait, is this a good natured prank, or a hate crime? I'm thinking if the FU means to me what I think it does, that is really sad. :(

Junior said...

That is so mean, sure hope it isn't too difficult to clean up.

Beverly said...

Yuk! I hope you are able to get that paint off the garage door and the gutters. Who would be doing that in such cold weather?

Karen said...

That's horrible! I hope nothing more happens.

Carol N. said...

Sorry that happened to you, I can't believe your good humour (Canadian spelling) about it all! You're handling it better than I would be able to!

Lacey said...

Your mom is right, they didn't use much TP. But the other stuff is uncalled for. Thats when you know it wasn't a friend.

wife, mother and so much more! said...

T.P.ing can be a funny prank but the other stuff--Not Cool!!

Nan P. said...

I agree with all the comments, not cool, not coll at all.

About what your mum said(spelling from the other side of the Atlantic: she was a teenager once... it is not because we are adults now (and of varying ages...) that we don't know what goes on, or went on before...

Nothing new is invented, only revisited by every generation...
;-) Still, not very cool!

Michelle said...

TP is funny, the rest looks so messy & hard to clean! What an awful sight to wake up to!

RK said...

That's just ridiculous...pranking with TP and maybe even eggs is one thing, but paint?!? That't vandalism... how frustrating!

Here's hoping the paint froze quickly and will come off easily.

Anonymous said...

Man Sarah, That's sad what people do, I too, hope you catch them and they get what they deserve, EVEN if your CAVS won the Utah Jazz last night! Sorry, I had to throw that in...

A&A's Grandma

Monica said...

I'm so sorry, not funny!!! I'm impressed with your attitude though, I don't think I would be as kind :)

Jennifer said...

That is not cool at all! I'm glad you guys have a sense of humor...I'm not sure I would...

Lovin Mama said...

I'm impressed by your good sense of humor. What dumb a** would go out in this freeeezing weather to do those things? You can always hope they got frost bite.

Cheri said...

I'm with Loving Mama's comment up top...let's hope they got frost bite!! :)