My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, January 23, 2009

One Fire Hydrant Found

Remember yesterday...

...when I had to tell the driver of the tractor there was a fire hydrant buried under that pile behind me?

Well, look what a great job they did. Thank you Mr. Tractor driver.

11 comments:

Junior said...

Sooo much snow but it sure is pretty.

Cathy said...

Are you as tired of the snow as I am??? I'm ready for spring!!!

Lovin Mama said...

good thinking about the fire hydrant! that could have been a huge mess...

waldenhouse said...

wow, that's a lot of snow! Good thing you alerted the tractor driver!

The VW's said...

Great job letting them know! Fire hydrants are quite important! I wouldn't have thought about that!

Kelly said...

Sarah, if the tractor driver has to plow more snow, tell him to deliver it to Colonial Heights, Virginia!! :)

Tracey said...

You have a ton of snow! OMG! I was excited about 5 inches! Our snow is all gone now... Good thing you thought about the hydrant - it would have been a mess had those guys knocked if over!

Heather said...

Job well done Sarah.I miss the snow ..sometimes.I think I like the sunshine better.Zoey misses the sunshine.Hospitals don't have much of either.Enjoy your day.Weather it snows or brings sunshine.Just keep smiling Sarah.You sure make me smile.

Beth said...

You're a hero for alerting the tractor about the hydrant...you could have had a nice ice rink if you didn't warn them!

jennifergg said...

The driver never would have known about the hydrant, until it was too late! Good job!

xo

June Berger said...

Do you like snow Sarah? I'm totally sick of it already (Rochester, NY area on Lake Ontario). I only like it for Christmas day, after that it can melt for all I care ;o) .

Glad I found your blog. I have two children that have Down Syndrome, Jonathan just turned 3 and Anah is 11. Both are adopted. Anah just came home from VietNam before Christmas, she doesn't speak English yet. She really doesn't speak at all. She didn't get any therapy over there, so we will be starting all of it soon.

Hope you have a great Sunday!