My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Late Breaking News ~ "A Night To Remember" from HSM3

I just got home from the Winter Music Therapy Share Day at the Fine Arts Association in Willoughby.

I sang A Night to Remember from High School Musical 3.

My music therapist played the keyboard for me and I sang along.

This is Bonnie with me after the performance. She was very proud of my singing. I really love Bonnie.

17 comments:

AZ Chapman said...

what is music theaphy

Beverly said...

You looked beautiful! Looks like you did a great job too!

Jaxsons Fight said...

Cool, I wish I was there to here you sing. I bet you have a beautiful voice. Hugs from Lacey and Jax

hjoy said...

way to go Sarah, that is so neat, wish we could have been there to hear you. Junior loves High School Musical.

Carol N. said...

Good for you, Sarah - that sounds like a lot of fun! You're much braver than me (I was very shy as a young adult).

Jeanette said...

What a wonderful gift to be able to sing. I am terrible. You look beautiful! I bet it was wonderful!

Kristen said...

I wish I was there to hear you sing. I bet it was wonderful!

Heather said...

Wish I could have heard you.I am so proud of you.Zoey loves music,especially singing.But not mine ...she makes a funny face when I sing.I'll have to show you some time.Glad your back to blogging.We missed you.

Lianna said...

Awesome! Were you nervous? You look beautiful and so confident, Sarah!

Cathy said...

Wish I could have heard you sing!!!

Michelle said...

Sarah, what a great accomplishment! And you looked so lovely. I wish we could have heard you sing!

Tsquared417 said...

Way to go, Sarah! I can't sing at all! I like your dress!

rickismom said...

Sarah, I wish I could have heard you sing!

As regards earlier post about discussing Down syndrome with children. We told Ricki when she was about 7. It took a few years for her to come to terms with it, but today she understands very well , at age 14, that she has Down syndrome. She isn't thrilled by it, but accepts that it is OK.

JRS said...

Nice job Sarah. I bet that was fun.
---Jen

Bonnie said...

great photos Sarah! It was a blast!

mum2brady said...

Sarah - you did a fantastic job! WTG!!! Love the pictures, you look darling :) Music therapy sounds wonderful, we have a friend who is just starting college who wants to do a combination degree of music therapy and special education. They don't have any music therapy programs in our district though - I'm so glad you have such a great teacher!

Christine said...

I bet you did a wonderful job!