My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ice and Water ~ One year Ago

So after I made the cake, I took my mom to Disney on Ice for her birthday. We do that every year. This time it was really special because it was High School Musical.

We usually sit in the first row, so here I am in front of the ice. This shirt is really from the HSM Broadway Show, but I thought it was a good thing to wear.

When we sit in the front row I have to wear my long underwear because it is so cold being next to the ice.
I collect the program books. This is the 10th Disney on Ice show I have been too. I just love anything Disney.

It started out with the basketball scene just like the movie.

They were very good to play basketball and skate at the same time.

Oh that is Gabriella and Troy. Well not really, but they made them look like it.

My mom just loved Sharpay's car. They actually drove it on the ice.

Oh yea, the kitchen scene. This is about when my mom's battery on her camera died, so we have no more pictures. Oh well.

While me and my mom were having fun at the ice show, my dad and little brother were at home trying to get the water out of the bed. The construction guys are coming in the morning.

My dad rented this neat little pump that helped get the water out.

And my little brother kept walking back and forth to push the water toward the pump. it worked pretty good. Bye bye bed. I think my mom is going to cry because she loved her waterbed. But she was having a hard time getting out of it lately.

10 comments:

Junior said...

Wow, looks like the ice show was great. Junior loves High School Musical.

Karen said...

I love that you go to Disney on Ice every year. It looks like a fun time.

Cammie Heflin said...

That looks like fun!

Beverly said...

The ice show would be such a nice treat!

AZ Chapman said...

cool I rember going to a disney on ice when they were showing Toy story 2. I had so much fun especaly since I loved toy story at the time. I realy can't wait for the Hannah Montana movie to come out it looks good. I also wish I can go to an Disney on ice with my cousin that would be so fun

WheresMyAngels said...

Oh I would love to go see the Ice Show! I have never been to one.

You can't buy water beds like that anymore. I do bet your mom cried :(

Ellen said...

Great pictures! You gave me a good idea, Sarah—I should take Max to a skating show, I think he would enjoy it though sometimes he gets scared of crowds. I am glad you had such a fun time!

Kim said...

Those are great pictures! Looks like you had a great time!

Mary said...

I've never been to Disney on Ice. It looks like an amazing show!

Jeanette said...

I love all things Disney too!!! I am SO excited that they are building a Huge Ice rink and stadium near my house. I will get to take my kids to some ice shows. Yeah!