My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Box Arrived

The spring green laptop is nicely wrapped and perfectly secured inside the shipping box to go to the "laptop hospital." Sarah is so sad to see it leave. She is just having a difficult time understanding that it will be coming back.

Until later in the evening...

...when she comes into our room. She dramatically flops onto the bed and then sweetly says, " Mom, I'm sorry I was crying. My laptop is going to be O.K. The doctors will fix it just like they fixed me." Dear God, how I love this girl. It is tiny moments like this that I am so overcome with emotions for her. My heart just swells with pride as I feel so blessed to be on the receiving end of her love. In her own simple way, she has figured out how to come to peace with the situation. And once again, I am reminded that I have so much to learn from her.

13 comments:

JRS said...

That's really sweet Sarah. You're a smark young lady. Hope it comes home to you quickly.
---Jen

Kelly said...

Joyce, I'm where you were just a little over 18 years ago. My son will soon be one. I can't imagine life without him, but often wonder what the future will be like with him. I'm not worried, but more curious. I came across this blog and love reading Sarah's posts. It seems as though you have provided a wonderful life for her and I love viewing the memories she shares with us. From a new, but overjoyed, traveller to Holland, I thank you!

hjoy said...

Such a precious moment, I know with Junior we have to explain things in a way that make sense in his world.

Sarah you are one smart lady.

Nan P. said...

Hello Joyce, the moments I share with my grand-son are so precious too. Not quite 10 months old, but when he is in my arms, and presses his face against mine with all his might, and won't let go... Or when he looks at me straight in the eyes and starts "talking" in a giving-out sort of voice, as if he was telling me all his troubles... My heart melts every time. And both events usually happen when I arrive in his house, or he arrives in mine... Never tell me he does not know who I am!

The photo is superb! Sarah is a beauty.

Heather said...

Dearest Joyce,Thank you for your faithful prayers and support of us all.Especially Zoey.We have come to love Sarah and we can only hope that one day Zoey will have the chance to become the amazing young lady that Sarah has blossomed into.Zoey's fights seem so unfair in some moments but it is those very same battles that have shaped her and shaped us all into the people that surround her today.She continues to amaze us all as does your precious Sarah.Speedy "recovery" to the beloved laptop.

narretto said...

I am so sorry to hear about Sarah's computer, please tell her hi and I can't wait to hear from her...until then I will be waiting to hear about what you have to say.

Maureen said...

I am sorry that Sarah is missing her laptop!! My thoughts and prayers are with her and that laptop. lol

Laurie said...

I hope Sarah's computer is up and running again soon!! We are also having quite the computer issues lately...

It's been really inspiring for me (and Dylan!) reading Sarah's blog : )

AZ Chapman said...

try not to worry so much sarah I like the pic of y on the bed

Lisa said...

Sarah is an amazing young woman, and you are an inspiration to me, Joyce. I love that pic of Sarah laying on the bed :)

SunflowerMom said...

I hope Sarah's laptop makes a speedy recovery! She's a girl in demand and needs her high tech tools of the trade! :)

You look very relaxed and comfy in this photo.

WheresMyAngels said...

Oh poor Sarah!

Sarah, it is so funny that neither of my older daughters used their computor. So right before Christmas I gave it to my friend's son. Now I can't get them off of my computor. They love playing the Webkins. Last year they didn't bother with them, but this year it is different.

JaybirdNWA said...

Sarah, I know how you feel. I had to ship my laptop to the hospital today. They told me that it would be gone for about 12 days. I'm already missing it because I do all of my school work on my laptop. Hopefully they will repair it fast.