My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Special Request

A MESSAGE FROM MOM: We have a family up here in chilly Ohio that is having a hard go of it. Their sweet baby girl Liliana recently had two heart surgeries at the Cleveland Clinic and is taking the long and winding road through recovery. She may even be facing a third surgery. Lily's mom recently started a blog and it would be wonderful if everyone could leave her a few words of love and support. For you dad bloggers out there, Bill also has a blog that could use some encouragement. You can reach both of them through Lily's website.

Like Mother...Like Daughter...
Can you believe this? This morning Sarah was getting dressed in her bedroom with her door closed like she usually does and I was dressing in my closet like I usually do and when we met in the hallway... we just laughed!! John just had to take our picture. This isn't the first time we have done this either. And what makes it even better, today we are in my favorite color ~ purple.

12 comments:

Cathy said...

I posted a message on Liliana's site. Her story is similar to our daughter's...who's name happens to be Lily Anna. She will definitely be in our prayers!

Mary said...

That is just too sweet!
I'm heading over to Lily's site.

narretto said...

how sweet...that is so funny my mom and I have done that plenty of times and I haven't lived with her for 11 years LOL. I will check out the other blog too and leave a message

hjoy said...

Oh that is funny, you both look great in purple. I have done that same thing with my sister several times and we don't even live in the same house.

WheresMyAngels said...

That is Mercede's favorite color. she really doesn't have much clothing in the color but she loves to have her hair dyed that color. Right now she needs to get her hair healthier before the hair dresser will give her purple streaks. I used to do it myself but hate the mess.

How cute you dressed alike.
Cheyenne has some purple cowboy boots (there's a pic of them on my blog now) that I would of loved to had, but I have no purple either.

Tracey said...

How funny is it that you dressed alike? I don't have to worry about that - all boys you know.
I am heading over the Lily's site. I will keep this family in my prayers.

sheree said...

I just dropped a message for Liliana's family. :)

Cute pic! I love purple too <3

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

That is so funny that you didn't even plan it!

John S. said...

precious

Melissa said...

Mother & daughter both looking so pretty;) Will have to go & check out Lily's site...They will be in my prayers tonight!

Laurie said...

Thank you for posting this about Lily. My son, Dylan, is currently recovering from heart surgery...

Very cute pic, btw : )

Michelle said...

how funny that you guys came out of your rooms dressed almost exactly alike! Purple is my favorite color :)

Will keep Liliana in my prayers.

I've been enjoying your trip down memory lane with Christmases past!