My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Magic Chap Stick

A MESSAGE FROM MOM: After several inquiries about the Overnight Chap Stick, I thought I would just show you what it looks like. If you saw Sarah's pictures a few days ago with the elf hat on, you can see how terribly chapped her lips had become. I tried everything. Because of her trach she is very sensitive to odors and most products have some scent. This product has no odor/taste and it comes out in a thin string, so it is easy to apply. Although it is called "overnight" we use it all day long. I also put it under her nose when she has a cold to prevent that area from getting sore. It is not the easiest to find. Sometimes Target has it in the drug section with the other lip balms. I have also ordered it from http://www.drugstore.com/.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

My lips are very sensitive...allergic to almost everything. The only thing that I have found that works for me is Aquaphor. When I have a cold I put it under my nose too! It's wonderful to find a product that works and makes us more comfortable.

WheresMyAngels said...

Mercede's face is a mess, I used to use chapstick all over it. Then started using a Avon overnight creme and unscented Bee's wax during the day. Right now she has something else going on and I need to get her to the allergist and maybe a dermatologist. The Christmas pictures I posted of her, she has makeup on, to cover up all the red patches. I also didn't take any close up.

Mary said...

I'm always looking for good stuff. I'll keep my eyes open for this. Thanks for the tip!

Lianna said...

I'll definitely have to try it out!

Michelle said...

I've used this chapstick for Karly & it works really well!