My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

LATE BREAKING NEWS

I Touched A CLOWN... After a stressful day at the doctor, my little brother and me convince my mom to take us out to eat. My dad is still in Columbus so we have to eat without him. Matt suggests Skyline Chili. I had never eaten there before. So we walk in and there are kids everywhere. UhhhOhhh...I spot a clown. Now if you remember back to Halloween, I HATE clowns. So I hide behind my moms coat and burry my head in her sleeve. She says to me, "Sarah come on...please...he's not going to hurt you." OK, mom...just don't let him come near me...

I am trying to eat healthy so I order a baked potatoe and a salad. It was yummy. OH he's walking this way.

Mom... Hello...You said you would not let him come over here...

I know he is making Matt a balloon character...But mom...

omg..OMG...OMG...OMG...He is right next to me.

Can you believe it!!!! I am shaking his hand. He actually seems pretty nice.

He is showing me a magic trick...Cool.

Holy cow...he just turned one ball into two.
I love this guy. His name is Banjo.

video

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Sarah! How cool! You're so brave - glad you made a new friend :)

Nan P. said...

Hello Sarah (and hello mammy Joyce). Thank you for the comment you left on my blog. I have had a look at yours and find it great. It’s nice to see things from a young person’s perspective!

And you have both been buzzy bees! So many posts in such a short time!

And yes, I would love to hear from other grandmothers (and grandfathers too!).

I have linked you too :-)

Kristen said...

Sarah you're so awesome and brave too! Mike doesn't like clowns either.

Stephanie said...

I don't like clowns either. And Aiden doesn't seem to fond of them either, but I can't get close enough to one to find out if he likes them or not.

JennyH said...

Cool! Clowns can be scary sometimes. Great job on shaking his hand.

Dream Believer said...

That clown seems pretty cool. You were also brave to not be tempted into some skyline chili. Salad does sound really good though. I enjoy peeking at your blog Sarah.

sheree said...

you are SO brave! I would have been freaked out too, but you did it! Way to go...he was a pretty cool clown :)

Lianna said...

Banjo looks like a GREAT clown! I'm happy that you had a more positive experience with a clown, Sarah!

hjoy said...

Way to go Sarah, over coming fears is a very big deal.
That guy seemed very nice, loved seeing the magic trick.

Kacey Bode said...

Good job Sarah, you brave girl!! I think clowns are pretty creepy too, hmmm after seeing that maybe they aren't so bad. Maybe?