My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I Had a Great Christmas

Christmas Afternoon 2008 ~ Finally about 2:00, we decided to open our presents. I could not open my presents until TJ was with us and first he had to take a shower, at slow speed.

Oh, I love this, Target Gift cards.

I am reading how much money is on the card. Every year when I was in school, I had to work on counting money. I can do it just fine if I am standing at a vending machine and I want to get a snack, but on tests forget it. So finally my junior year of high school my mom said "Let's just take it out of the IEP, we'll just give her Target cards instead." Wow, that works great and I don't have to count coins. I think my teachers even liked it becasue they started taking me to Target. That's when I decided I would like to work there someday.

My grandma saw this High School Musical hat and gloves. She thought I might like them.

This is a big box. Inside was a statue of a momma horse and her baby.

And my final gift ~ Ruthie ~ an American Girl doll. Did you know that I collect AG dolls? I had a fun Christmas. TJ did too. Here are some pictures of TJ...

7 comments:

Cammie Heflin said...

I'm with you Sarah, give me a gift card to Target any day!

Cathy said...

ohhhhh yeah! AG dolls rock!!! I can't wait to buy Lily her first one. I have Samantha but I keep her in Lily's room. I think her first one will be a Bitty Baby.

Looks like you had a great Christmas...Happy New Year!

hjoy said...

Looks like you had a very nice Christmas. Oh I love gift cards to.
Happy New Year

Melissa said...

I'm so glad that you all had such a great Christmas! Didn't it all go by so quickly;(

Thank you so much Joyce...AGAIN! for leaving such a wonderful & supportive comment on my blog...it really means so much to me. It's hard sometimes trying to do this all on my own & your comments are really uplifting!

Happy Healthy New Year to you, Sarah & the rest of your family!

sheree said...

how cool Sarah! I am so glad you had a great Christmas :)

Amy and Aaron said...

Sarah,

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on our blog. Now we found your blog and have enjoyed reading about you, too! It looks like you had a great Christmas. I love American Girls dolls, too. I used to have Samantha, but gave her to my cousin since both my kids are BOYS! There are lots of new ones since I was reading the books, and I don't know who Ruthie is.

Now that we've found you blog, we will keep reading it! Thank you!

Debbie Yost said...

I couldn't work at Target. I'd never get a paycheck. I'd spend it all!

Hope you're having a happy new year!