My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Countdown to Christmas # 7

December 1995 ~ I am 6 Years old.
Looks like I got my hair curled for pictures this year.

Now TJ, hold your head just like this...

Smile... We are getting ready to go to church

And here is our annual picture after Grandpa's church program. It looks like we are a ladder this year.

5 comments:

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

I love your curly hair!!! I remember doing my hair that way with pink sponge rollers :)

hjoy said...

Love the curls and fancy dress.

Anonymous said...

Hi, my kids love reading your blog. We use Surgeon's Skin Secret which works as well as the Magic Chapstick. It does have a slight odor though, but it's wonderful.

I have one very minor suggestion... when you say "just happens to BE Down syndrome..." it gives the impression that it is the only thing you are. But it's not, it's only a part of who you are. I think "Just happens to HAVE Down syndrome" would be more flattering to your situation. :) Or even something creative like "just happens to have an extra chromosome..." whatever you like the best.

Keep it up, you are awesome.

Laura said...

I love the pictures each year with your grandparents. Your dress was very pretty!

Melissa said...

So cute, I love the curls & dress!!