My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, December 1, 2008

Countdown to Christmas # 24

I had so much fun showing you my favorite fall memories, I decided to go the other direction now and countdown to Christmas....

So here I am last year, 2007...

No time to bake this year, so we found this huge santa cookie. I ate the cookie part, Matt ate the icing.

Last November the ceiling collapsed in our family room from water damage, so we had to hang our stockings in the front room on the closet doors. Matt was worried that Santa would not find them.

Ahh...I love opening presents.

Do you see what Matt is holding up??? Believe it or not it is a Rachel Ray cookbook. Matt is in love with Rachel. He says he wants to be a chef, so he also got gift certificates for cooking classes.

Grandpa had to take care of Christmas in 2007 because Grandma was very sick in the hospital. He did a very good job. He got me the newest American Girl doll - Julie - hey that's TJ's girl friends name. My mom was sorta freaking out because Julie is from the 1970's and my mom remembers those years really well. She can't figure out how something can be part of a historical line and she remembers it. Well mom, guess that means you're old!!! But shhhhh.... don't tell her.

TJ surfaces late in the day. He needs his beauty rest you know. He always gets the same thing. The newest DVD set from the Drum Corps International finals.
Now Grandpa is opening his present. We tricked him because there is just a tiny gift card in this big box.

9 comments:

JennyH said...

Looking forward to seeing all your countdown pictures!

hjoy said...

Looks like that was a great Christmas. Can't wait to see the rest of your Christmas countdown.

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah sweetheart. Is that really you in that stocking on your first Christmas? You are such a precious girl. I love following your story. My granddaughter is also down's syndrome.

Lilia

Michelle said...

Sarah, you have such an awesome family!

And my brother always needed his 'beauty sleep' too...

The VW's said...

Sarah,

Thanks for visiting my site! I love seeing all of your pictures on your blog! You are quite an inspiration!

Gavin :)

Maureen said...

Sarah, I love the new musice and that picture of you on your first Christmas! How cute! What a good idea to count down to Christmas. I can't wait to hear all about your Christmases.

Jennifer said...

I love American Girls, too!! That cookie looks really yummy...

AZ Chapman said...

love the trick y played on your grandpa

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I have to tell you that I have a picture of Gabi in a stocking her fist Christmas that reminds me so much of yours in your sidebar! Well except that Gabi was screaming and you look like you were laughing!

Also, maybe Matt will be a chef! That would be awesome! There is a school here in Louisville that I hear is #3 in the country for Chefs. It's the only school that Disney hires from. It's called Sullivan University.