My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Countdown to Christmas # 16

Our Christmas Tradition 2001

We arrived in Canton for Grandpa's church program. We had been in the car for a while so we decided to get out and move around and stretch before we went in. So here I am dancing. It must have been really warm that year, no snow and no coat.
And here is Matt. I guess he is pretending he can fly or maybe he is being an opera singer. I think TJ stayed in the car. He was 13 then, so he wasn't to thrilled with our drama. Actually, I think he thought Matt was annoying because he never wanted to sit still.

Here is our annual picture after the program at church. Look at Grandpa. They must have worn their tuxes that year. Sometimes they dress really formal in the choir.

We went home that night and my mom and dad gave us our 2001 ornaments. Each year we get a new ornament for our tree. I hung it up right away. I will never forget which one is mine from this year...

Do you see why? We each got one with our name on it.

After we each put our ornament on the tree, we sat down for a picture. This is a really good one. Do you think this is the only one we took? Heck no, my mom shot a whole roll of 24 film. Yep that's right. We used to have a camera with real old fashion film.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

You have a beautiful family and I've enjoyed reading about your Christmases past! Thanks for your comments on my blog about my little girl, Lily!

hjoy said...

Sarah you ornament is so cute.

WheresMyAngels said...

How cute. The girls used to dress up from Christmas but now only the youngest does.