My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Countdown to Christmas # 10

Christmas 1998 ~ Coral Springs, Florida

1998 was not such a great year for me. I was sick alot. My family decided to try a trip to Florida anyway. We had only been here for a day visiting my Aunt Mary, when I needed to come to the emergency room. They sent me up to the Children's floor. At least I have my Christmas socks with me. They even had bells on them.

My favorite cousin Adam came to see me. He lives in Coral Gables outside of Miami. I love Adam. He tells me secrets...

...and makes me laugh and laugh. I brought some Beanie Babies with me. Do you see them on top of the bed?

Cousin Karen and TJ came to see me too. They brought me presents. Santa Claus tried to come in too, but I said, "No Way." That big guy freaks me out.

" C'mon, Can somebody please tell Matthew to stop pushing those buttons."

"Who me? But I'm so cute. How can I be doing anything wrong?" Do you see our Christmas picture taped to my bed? My mom puts that there so I always know they are with me.

9 comments:

Laurie said...

Aw, Im sorry to hear that you were sick on Christmas : ( Looks like you have a wonderful family!!

JRS said...

Oh, I don't like these pics as much as the rest. But, it's real life, isn't it? Glad you're feeling good this Christmas.
---Jen

Hector and Jennifer Varanini Sanchez said...

Hi Sarah,
You were so adorable (even being sick this xmas) and you in the stocking on your first xmas is just the cutest thing ever. I'm glad I found your blog. It is wonderful to see what you are up to and it is really helpful for us as parents of children with DS to see all that they can aspire to. You are an inspiration. Thank you!!!
Merry Christmas to you and your family. We are blessed with our baby Joaquin and this will be his first xmas. I may have to "steal" your idea and put him in a stocking for a picture. Just have to find a stocking that will hold an 18 pound 10 month old. If you want to visit our blog, we are at www.trisacharm.blogspot.com
Take care!!!
Jen

hjoy said...

Bummer to spend Christmas in the hospital. We have spent a couple Thanksgivings there but so far no Christmases. Looks like you have a really great family.

Shelley said...

Being sick on Christmas Day is never good - but I bet you were a great patient. I like the Christmas socks - but have to say I LOVE the photo in the Christmas stocking - that is just so CUTE!!

Mommyto2 said...

You sound like our Sarah. She loves to visit Emergency Rooms when we travel!! She loves to listen to your blog music! She just dances and claps. We look at your blog together everyday! Thanks for showing her how great you are!!

Robyn

The Hortons...one day at a time. said...

Sorry you had to spend Christmas in the hospital! It looks like you had lots of visitors to keep you busy. Our little man (who also has down syndrome) might have to be in the hospital for new years! Hopfully he will have lots of visitors too!

Merry Christmas Sarah!

Cathy said...

I bet that kinda stinks to be in the hospital at Christmas doesn't it??? You sure looked terrific even if you weren't feeling well. You have a great family!

Laura said...

1998 was the year Jonathan was born, sorry you were sick that year. Glad to see you had so many visitors.

I love all your Christmas post!