My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Special Request

I have a special request. A friend of mine is really, really, sick. He is the Dean of the College of Social Work at Ohio State. His name is Bill Meezan and he is a very nice man. He went to Pennsylvania for a Social Work conference a few weeks ago and was rushed to Hahnemann Hospital in Philadelphia where he has remained in intensive care. He needs some extra prayers and good thoughts.

Remember last year when the ambulance was rushing me to the hospital because I couldn't breathe but I made them stop so I could get my bear. Well, Dean Meezan is the man who gave me that bear and this cool sweatshirt. I hope he feels better soon. Especially since the big OSU~Michigan game is this Saturday and guess what? He used to work at Michigan. So we need to make sure he gets better. Thanks for your help.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Sarah, I just read your message to my dear friend Bill on his Caring Bridge website. You are so kind to ask your friends to think of him. Bless you too, dear child.

sheree said...

I'll definitely be sending up prayers for bill. :)

Shelley said...

Hi Sarah - I loved catching up on your blog. Will definitely say a prayer for your friend. I loved the red dress - you looked lovely in it and Lily looks rather cute too(although not in the red dress!)!

Kari said...

Oh No Sarah. I'm sorry. You certainly have my prayers!

Celine said...

Hi Sarah!
I sure will keep Dean Meezan in my thoughts!

whatever to us said...

Many prayers from us as well for your friend...hope he's better for the game :)

SunflowerMom said...

Hope your friend gets better! It sounds like he has a lot of people praying for him.

Michelle said...

I will keep your friend in my prayers!