My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Late Breaking News...

Today was the United Way Mikee Awards Celebration...
Here I am arriving on the red carpet.
It is a Hollywood Celebration. Hey, I've been to Hollywood...

I am greeted by this very nice gentleman who is asking me what I am wearing...WHAT???...oh like the stars in Hollywood. Now I get it...oh I am wearing Jacque Penney work pants and my tres chic a La Foodbank issued work shirt(LOL)...
Wow doesn't Wanda look like a million bucks!!!

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies. This is Josh. He is a very daper, employed and charming young man and he is single, as in looking for a date...
He was the emcee for the award show. He was very, very funny. And cute. Did I mention cute? Hmm...interested?...call my mom, she'll hook you up.
So they announce the winner for the Best Musical and guess what? I WON!!!!! Here I am getting my Oscar aka Mikee Award. See that man standing behind me? He is the big boss of United Way and his name is Mike.

This is so cool. I love awards.

Isn't this guy so cute?

OK, so here I am in my mom's office. She went down the hall so I sat in her seat and signed on her computer. Do you see what I'm doing? http://www.disney.com/ I hope she doesn't get in trouble. She said something about the IT guys monitoring her activity.

And now for your viewing pleasure...High School Musical...starring Sarah (that's me) and Friends.

video

6 comments:

Lianna said...

Sarah, you did a really great job! Were you nervous? I think I would have stagefright! Congratulations on your award!

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

How awesome!!! Congratulations, I bet you are feeling so proud. You definitely deserved your award!

Cammie Heflin said...

Oh Sarah that was awesome! I can't wait for Addy to get big like you!

JRS said...

Congrats on the Mikee Award. How cool!
---Jen

Shawndi84 said...

Awesome job Sarah! What a fun night!!
Thank you so much for your comment Joyce! Someone sent that to me in an e-mail and I liked it so much I put it on my page! I am definitely going to correct the name.. I guess whoever started to forward the email assumed it was a man named Brett! Funny!! She sounds like a very strong, educated woman! I can't wait to read the article she wrote on Down syndrome!

Thanks again!!

Mary said...

Congratulations! I loved watching the video!