My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Late Breaking News

Thanksgiving 2008 ~ We often go out to eat or bring dinner in from a restaurant on holidays, but for some reason we were in the mood to cook this year.

I was in charge of the mashed potatoes. So here I am mashing away.

Wow, now that's a bowl of potatoes.

Looks like everything is about ready. Time to eat.

We let Grandma eat first. She does not remember Thanksgiving last year because she was in the hospital.
I'm waiting for the guys to fill their plates next.

We put them at the table in the jazz club. That's what we call our old living room that we put a pool table in and the dining room that we moved the piano into. They all talk about football and stuff.

I ate with Grandma in the kitchen. My mom hung out with us too but she did not eat. She said she was stuffed from sampling all day long while she was cooking.

Matt always gets to put Redi-Whip on his jello on holidays. Then guess what he does?

OMG!!! Can you believe this?

Here is the cake I picked out at the store. I don't like pumpkin pie.

My grandma made these turkey cutout cookies. Aren't they cute?

After dinner grandpa played pool with me. We had a very good time. I'm glad my grandparents were able to be with me today.

12 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you had a great day. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Master Dillon's Mom

sheree said...

looks like you guys had a great thanksgiving! I loved your grandmas cookies...so cute!

happy thanksgiving!

hjoy said...

Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving, that food looks yummy.

Cynthia said...

I always liked holidays with my grandparents, too. It all looked very yummy! Glad you had a good day.

JRS said...

Glad to see you had such a nice Thanksgiving. Good job on the potatoes. They're my favorite!
---Jen

datri said...

Looks like a wonderful day and Thanksgiving Meal!

waldenhouse said...

Looks like a great day! I'm like your mom, I graze all morning and then can't eat much - so I wander around and take pictures of everyone else eating!

Michelle said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Looks like it was a great idea to stay in this year and have a family celebration with lots of good food!

SunflowerMom said...

Yummy!

Mary said...

Mmmm, it looks so good!

Debbie Yost said...

I'm hungry all over again! I could eat those potatos all by myself. Yum. And I'm with Matt, that's one of the best ways to eat Redi Whip!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving! I was in charge of mashed potatoes this year, too. I mashed them with the skin on, it looked rustic and they say all the vitamins are in the skin. I am with you, I do not like Pumpkin Pie either!

Did you get your Christmas Shopping done yet?