My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Late Breaking News

My Mom and Dad went to Prom Tonight...

My little brother Matt took their picture. He also stayed with me and helped me get into bed and gave me my breathing treatment. Thanks Matt.


A MESSAGE FROM MOM: We really did not go to prom, but now whenever Sarah sees people dressed up she thinks they are going to prom like she did. We went to Sparkle, Shimmer and Shine, the annual black-tie fundraiser for the Achievement Centers where Sarah does her therapeutic horse riding and attends overnight camp each summer. Even though the weather is horrid with torrential, windy downpours all night long, we had a very good time. We even secured TJ a paid internship for the summer. Now that's worth the price of admission.

5 comments:

Debbie Yost said...

Wherever you went, you look very nice! We have an annual Gala fundraiser for the infant toddler program in our state/county we go to every year. Even though Peanut no longer receives services from them, we will always support them. They gave her such a great start in life.

Sarah, I love how your brother helped you with your breathing treatment. It is wonderful how evreyone in the family helps our! I love seeing what a great relationship you have, too.

WheresMyAngels said...

Wow, you look nice! Mercede thinks all dressed up people are going to church!! lol

Christine said...

You two make a great couple!

hjoy said...

you look so nice, hope the fundraiser was a great success.

Mary said...

Mom, you look beautiful!