My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Favorite Fall Memory # 60

October 4, 2008. My Grandpa drove my Grandma to Lodi for Matt's soccer game. It was about to be her birthday. She didn't know that TJ and Julie were coming. Can you see me sitting in the car with her? We are talking about girl stuff.

This was a pretty big birthday for my grandma because she had a very bad fall last year and we were not sure she was going to survive. She spent many nights in the ICU because she had bleeding on her brain. I went to visit her in the hospital but she does not remember me being there. Then she had to spend several months in a rehabilitation center so they could teach her to walk again.

Here she is standing all by herself. Yah Grandma!! We are waiting to ride a little train around the Lodi Outlet Mall.

Do you see us all in this train? It was a cute train. My grandpa LOVES trains. So the day I found this train I knew my grandpa had to come ride it with me.

OH that was fun. Now we are off to dinner at Bob Evans.

Look at us. How silly we are. Matt found these little pumpkins and gourds sitting on this display. And you know Matt, always has to be exploring and touching things. It was a very good day. We are so lucky Grandma is better now.
.
This post brings my Favorite Fall memories to an end. Stay tuned for what's next...

5 comments:

hjoy said...

Looks like a wonderful day. How funny, I live in a town in CA called Lodi.

sheree said...

is this CA lodi? I am laughing because I live right outside of lodi, and the poter above me apparently lives near me :)

Small world isn't it?

Great pics. :)

My name is Sarah said...

We wish California. No, no this would be Lodi, Ohio. Tiny little area in the middle of corn fields.

Lisa said...

Sarah, I have so enjoyed your favorite Fall memories! Thanks for sharing it all with us. I can't wait to see what you have up next!

Pam said...

Wow, what a wonderful day!!

Looks like you all had a great time. I love reading your blog.

GREAT photos! :)