My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Favorite Fall Memory # 59

I love Saturdays. First I have music therapy at the Cleveland Music School Settlement.

This is Jennifer and Jenny. Jennifer is my music therapist and Jenny is a college student at Case Western Reserve University. She volunteers on Saturday to be with me. We sing and play instruments. Usually there is also another student with me. Her name is Taylor but she was sick today.
~
Right after music we go to Camp Cheerful for my Therapeutic Riding.

This is my favorite horse. HIs name is Ridge. Jessica is fixing my stirrup. She is the instructor. Holding my lead rope is Doug. I love Doug. He is a volunteer with this riding program. He has been with me for many years.

How do you like Ridge's purple bridle?

It is such a great fall day, we are going on a trail ride.

Doug leads the way.

The trees are just starting to turn colors.

Behind me is a high ropes challenge course. It is completely handicapped accessible. Kids that are totally wheelchair bound use this. How cool is that.

My mom thinks this looks like a postcard. She likes to just stand here and look at the beautiful landscape while I am riding. We are in Strongsville, Ohio. It is about 45 minutes from where I live, but it is so worth the drive.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

wow Sarah, that looks like so much fun! A lot more then my boring Saturday! :)

datri said...

I just LOVE the horse pics! Too cold right now for Kayla to ride horses; can't wait for spring when we start again.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your blog- I just
read every entry! It is quite
interesting-
Lucie
Ottawa,Canada

hjoy said...

Sarah you are doing such a great job riding. That is a beautiful ranch.