My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Favorite Fall Memory # 53

It is the OSU 2007 Homecoming Parade. I love parades. Believe it or not I have never been to an OSU parade before.
It is a little cold, so my mom has me wrapped up in a bunch of layers, all scarlet and gray of course. She pushed me in the wheeelchair too so I would not be out of breath walking.

Oh my gosh here is that crazy Buckeye Man. Remember him from my birthday party?

It's the OSU cheerleaders.

All of a sudden I hear, "Hi Sarah." It is Amanda. She is in the very front of that float. She is a good friend of my brother TJ and his girlfriend Julie. Her mom and my Aunt Mary went to school together too.

Look how cute. They are all dressed as pirates.

Hey, Come Back here... Is that a Famous Rap star?

Maybe I know him? No, guess not... OK time to go home.
.
A MESSAGE FROM MOM: Over the years one of the disappointments I have heard from families with young children with Ds and families that are faced with making that very difficult decision in utero, is the child will grow up and never be able to experience all the fun of college years. As you can see from our many, many Ohio State related postings during our Favorite Fall Memories, Sarah has had an incredible college experience. It may a little different from what I originally planned, but it has definately been fun. Not unlike the story, Welcome to Holland. I've actually done more at Ohio State with Sarah than I did during my own time here, was that By Chance or By Design? And I have loved every minute of it.

2 comments:

sheree said...

awesome! Your love and spirit for OSU is incredible! Great pics as always!

Kele said...

I love the marching band music Sarah! You looked like you were having a great time!!!