My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Favorite Fall Memory # 51

Homecoming 2007 ~ A Night In Paris


This is my friend BJ and his girlfriend. Can you see the Eifel Tower behind us?

Here we are learning to do a line dance. We were laughing so much it was hard to concentrate.

I had to sit down for a few minutes. I was getting too hot.

Here I am dancing with my friend David. He is the tallest in our class and I am the shortest.

Time out for a water break.

Here's a little live action. I'm not sure why I'm dancing sideways. Must have been the photographer - Mom???

video

A MESSAGE FROM MOM: I admit the bad videography is me. But come on...I'm hiding under the table...Mom's are not suppose to be at homecoming dances. And there is a reason for this...the dancing going on out there is, umm... well let's just say, good thing the lights were out. Do you notice Sarah's moves? For a minute there I couldn't figure out whether she was about to gag or just couldn't breath. Turns out, it is a dance move. Bottom line: Sarah was just hanging with her high school friends. I couldn't ask for anything better.

7 comments:

JennyH said...

Super cute pictures! Looks like a lot of fun.

I'm guilty of the sideways video taping as well!

Ashley said...

Sarah, I love your homecoming pictures, it looks like you had so much fun!

Lisa said...

Wow, Sarah, you look just lovely!

Kristen said...

YES WE'RE READY FOR SATURDAY!!!

O-H...

Lianna said...

You had me wondering on the "sideways dancing" until I saw the video! Too cute, mom!

Sarah, you looked beautiful! Happy that you enjoyed yourself!

WheresMyAngels said...

To Sara's mom, My daughter Cheyenne just looked at the video and your um flip photography and said "Awkward" lol That is one of her favorite sayings, Besides "Your embarrassing"

Sara you looked so cute. And don't listen to your mom about the gagging thing! lol

Michelle said...

what a fun time at the dance! You look great too!