My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Favorite Fall Memory # 50

Getting Ready for the Homecoming Dance...

I hate getting my hair done for events. They always insist on using goop and hairspray and then my throat starts closing up and then everyone panics because I can't breathe. So my mom is curling my hair with her hot rollers. When she plugged them in she was sorta shocked they still worked. I guess she has had them for a long, long time.

They are really hot!!! So hot it's burning my ears. That's why I am holding toilet paper to my head. "Shut up Matthew (I'm sticking my tongue out at him), yes it's clean."
Come on... (I'm stomping my feet for drama)!!! How much longer ???

Voila. A homecoming hairdo minus the stress.

We decided to go this year as a class. No dates. So Dad gave me flowers...aahhh how sweet.

How do I look? OK, Let's go mom...

8 comments:

JRS said...

beautiful...
---Jen

sheree said...

stunning!

I love that your dad got you flowers. What a sweet guy ;)

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

You look absolutely gorgeous! Those curlers get hot don't they? I always had to stick kleenex by my ears when I would do my hair.

Becca said...

Gorgeous!! Your hair turned out perfectly, and I love your dress! I hope you had a good time.

Monica said...

You look beautiful!! And I love your hair.

Lianna said...

You look BEAUTIFUL! ♥

Michelle said...

Sarah, you are so beautiful!

And your dad sounds pretty sweet, getting you flowers :)

Michelle said...

Your hair came out great with using the hot roll curlers!