My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Favorite Fall Memory # 46

Did you know that John Heisman - you know the guy the Heisman Trophy is named after - was born in Cleveland, Ohio? We didn't either. Do you see that little bear on top of this sign? He belongs to one of my mom's friends and that little bear has traveled the WORLD. He has been in so many amazing places. He recently visited the house of Mr. Heisman at 2825 Bridge Ave. in Ohio City.

And here I am with a two time Heisman Trophy winner: Archie Griffin. Archie is sooooooo nice. I really like him. Whenever he spots me in a crowd he always comes over to see me.

Here is my little brother getting an autograph. If only I had known Ted E. Bear was going to be visiting John Heisman's birthplace, I would have gotten him an autograph too.

While we are in Columbus, I guess we better go see how my construction project is going.

Looks like the windows are done and the walls are up. Here I am with my Dad and my little brother. What is with the empty pop bottle on the window sill? Oh, I don't know about this crew...

... Oh, it is still a mess up here too. What do they do all day long? They really better hurry because Matt wants to go to a football game for his birthday at the end of October. And I want a place to sleep...

3 comments:

Debbie Yost said...

Sarah,
You are so funny. It always amazes me how messy those construction guys can be, but in the end, they always get it cleaned up. I can't wait to see what your room will look like.

WheresMyAngels said...

That is so cool.

I wish I was in Columbus because my favorite restaurant is there. The Fish Market. My girls and I love their calamari.

I have a friend whom lives there and has a young daughter with down syndrome. I need to refer her to your blog.

RK said...

I'm interested in this construction project...what's the story?? Can't wait to see more.