My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Favorite Fall Memory # 45

During the fall of 2006, I turned into a Hard Hatted Woman - My title: Construction Supervisor.

Now that the hole is dug, there are big piles of dirt everywhere. I was climbing on them but my mom reminded me we have no running water at this location, so I should try to not get too dirty. C'mon where's the fun in that...

Well the the 2" x 4" are now up. Why do they call these 2 x 4? There is nothing four about them. I'm a little disappointed the electric wiring is not in.

Oh my gosh. The plumbing for the sink is WRONG. My mom is going to flip out. She told them three times "no pedestal sink". But the water connection is for a pedestal sink. I'm going to have to call that plumber.

Don't I look like a construction worker in my boots? I'm having a lot of fun with this project.

The foundations are ready to build a few more units. It looks like a jig-saw puzzle out there.

Oh look. My bath tub has arrived. This will be my bathroom. I don't think I will be looking into the bedroom though once they get the wall up. They better get to work or this will never be done for football season...

No comments: