My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Favorite Fall Memory # 41

It is still 2004. We are celebrating Matt's 8th Birthday. We are all sitting on the floor because the yucky furniture went to the treelawn for garbage day and now my Grandpa is putting in a Pergo floor for us.

First we had to replace the front window because it was all moldy from water damage. My mom and dad got a violation from the city because it was so rotten it was ready to fall out. I think my mom was sorta happy actually because she said it was time to get rid of the 1980's mauve carpet and walls. My dad on the other hand thought the pink walls were fine. He doesn't like to spend money as much as my mom does.

Matt is trying to guess what his present might be. I am eyeing those cookies on the floor behind him.

Come on Matt, hurry up I want a cookie...

Oh look at this cute cake Matt got. It is a spider. Do you see the licorice legs? Do you know what happens when you eat black icing?

Here is Matt with Grandpa again getting ready to go trick-or-treating. We went to Canton to spend the afternoon. My Grandma just had quadruple by-pass surgery, so I had to help her hand out the candy at their house. They live sorta in the country so they trick-or-treat in the afternoon.

3 comments:

Christy and Kevin said...

Hi Sarah,
I just wanted to say that I think you are absolutely amazing! My husband and I are adopting a little boy and a little girl with Down Syndrome and I hope they grow up to be just like you.

Christy

hjoy said...

love the cake, very cute.
You are doing a great job with your fall memories, I enjoy reading them.

AZ Chapman said...

love the spider cake