My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Favorite Fall Memory # 40

My memories take us to fall of 2004 and I am at Brush High School. This is my freshman yearbook picture.

My brother TJ was a Junior at the same high school. This is the first time we have been together at the same school since he was in 4th grade and I was in 2nd grade. He is in the marching band so every weekend I would go to the football game and see him perform at half time.
TJ is a percussionist. That means in the marching band he plays the quads or four drums. This night it was so hot they wore their summer uniforms.

Now here he is in the regular band uniform.

Sometimes the band would be in a parade.

This is my BEST FRIEND Stacy (with the blonde hair). She is an Arcette. Our mascot is the Arc because our school is named after Charles F. Brush who invented the arc light. Remember my friend Lisa who took me to see Scott Hamilton the other night? Well, this is Lisa's little sister. Stacy and I are only one month a part in age. She lives across the street from me and has taken me under her wing to make sure I am o.k. and a cool teenager. Right now Stacy is at Xavier University in Cincinnati majoring in Special Education. I'll write more about Stacy on another day.

Here is TJ in the same parade. It must have been hot that day because it looks like he is breaking a sweat. For my Columbus friends, do you see Donatos behind him, yum, yum.

2 comments:

AZ Chapman said...

nice pics sarah can y and your mom come visit It will make sesne once y see the post on today's date

thanks

CamoGirl said...

My sister played the quads in high school... there was always a lot of drumming in our house right when I wanted to go to sleep!