My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Favorite Fall Memory # 35

Good morning. Last night we rented a car and my mom drove my grandma and me all around the Port of Long Beach. Sometimes we had to stop because they were lifting the road up into the air. Did you know this is one of the largest shipyards where a bunch of freight comes into the United States from all over the world. It was pretty cool. I was having a hard time breathing for awhile, but now I am fine.

The Girl Scout convention is over but we are staying an extra two days to do some tourist stuff in California.

Before we left for the day I had to ride up and down these elevators a million times. It was fun.

This is a very big hotel. It has water all around it.

This is a boardwalk in Long Beach. There are a lot of sail boats. My grandma says it is very trendy.

Look at those cute buildings across the way. That is where we are headed.

I found a merry-go-round. Do you see my head peeking over the grey horse?

Oh my favorite...Skee Ball. Good thing grandma has a bunch of quarters in her purse. I could stay here all day. But we are taking off to go to an amusement park. It is called Knott's Berry Farm.
.
Well, we got to the park and I freaked out. It was all decorated for Halloween with really scary stuff. So we did not go in. Instead we ate lunch at Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant. It was yummy. After lunch we drove around California until it started raining. Then we found a mall and went to a movie, Sweet Home Alabama. It was so good. I love Reese Witherspoon.

3 comments:

Shawndi84 said...

Insn't Skee Ball the best!! I love it! And Sweet Home Alabama is one of my favorite movies... Reese Witherspoon is so cute!

Lianna said...

Oh Sarah! I love love love that movie! I was grooving along reading your blog because the song is so good! I miss seeing movies! Since Gabe came along, it's been hard to get out with my husband for a movie and popcorn. I think it will be time very soon!

Michelle said...

Skee Ball is my favorite game, too! I don't get to play it much anymore, my kids usually take all my quarters!! I hope I can take my family for a fun vacation to California someday, too. It certainly looks like you had a great time!