My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Monday, November 3, 2008

Favorite Fall Memory # 33

October 2002... California Here We Come...

Are you kidding me...
I feel like a movie star. I have never been able to walk out of a plane like this before.

Where's the red carpet and the paparazzi? I think there is suppose to be some secret service and a black limo too. Oh someone get my sunglasses and a chiffon scarf. LOL. I've been watching too many movies.

We are in Long Beach, California. My mom thinks this airport is so charming. But she wonders why there is no security around. Weird. A taxi takes us to the hotel.

We are in California for the National Girl Scout Convention. The first night we are staying at the Holiday Inn. Look at the car parked next to me. My grandma thinks it is from 1960. Now we are wondering if we are in a time warp. The airport, the car, now look at this hotel...

It is round. We are assigned to room 911. This is one year after the national tragedy so my mom is sorta freakin' about staying in that room. But my grandma reminds her that we are moving to the Hyatt the next night so it will be o.k.
A big bus transported us to the convention center. There are palm trees here and Girl Scout signs everywhere.

Here is a picture of me with my mom and my grandma. We are three generations of Girl Scouts. We are heading into the convention center.

Wow, this is pretty cool.

4 comments:

datri said...

Wow, that is really something!

Ashley said...

Hi Sarah,
I just wanted to say I love reading your blog everday, keep more fall memories coming! I used to do girl scouts when i was younger but we never went any of the fun places you did! thanks for your great and entertaining blog!

Lisa said...

Hey dollface...
I have been so behind on reading your blog, when I went on today I had to read most of Oct...thanks for the shout-outs! Can't wait to see you on Saturday at the skating show!
~Lisa

My name is Sarah said...

Hey Lisa It's me Sarah. I am so excited to see Scotty Hamilton with you!!! You are the best. You know we will be blogging the next day so smile.