My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Favorite Fall Memory # 32

Mom: "Sarah...What are you doing?"
Sarah: "I don't like chili."
Mom: "You're not having nachos for dinner."

Oh yea, that's what she thinks. Watch this...






I bet she can't punish this sweet face?
.
A MESSAGE FROM MOM: I bet she is right. One of the more frustrating and perplexing things to me over the years has been the disparity between Sarah's scores on tests, her verbal feedback to teachers, and her general performance in the classroom versus what she does in real life. This night in 2002, at the ripe adolescent age of 13, is a perfect example. She had her mind made up that she was not eating chili for dinner and proved that she had all the steps down for making nachos on her own. I was not going to help her one step, but I also was not going to stand in her way of proving that she could do it. And boy did she. You go girl !!!
.
P. S. Although the 31 for 21 challenge is over, we are going to keep showing you our Favorite Fall Memories. After all we are only up to 2002 and the best is yet to come.

11 comments:

Leah said...

Oh, I SO know the feeling, about what the tests say Angela can do, and what she actually does! Here's a link from October 2007. Angela was 11 years old. http://gardenofeagan.blogspot.com/2007/10/pancakes-101.html

jessica @ raising joey said...

That's awesome! I love it!

Kari said...

MMM I love nachos. I look forward to seeing more fall posts :)

sheree said...

I love nachos too! I can tell you are a fireball Sarah! ;)

Lianna said...

I'm just beginning the journey, "But wait! He CAN do this!". It's frustrating for us, and Gabe is only in preschool!

Sarah, you're a gal after my own heart! I LOVE nachos! YUM!

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Mmmmmm - I love nachos!!

Lisa said...

With a smile that sweet, I bet you never got in trouble as a kid ;)

Joyce, I'd like to ask a question. Does Sarah write her own blog postings or is it a collaborative effort? Just curious.

Shawndi84 said...

YAY! I love the favorite fall memories! SARAH- I thought I was the only person in the world who drinks milk with EVERYTHING! But, it looks like you do too- at least when you were younger!!
Joyce- I love what you wrote! It made me smile! :)

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Mmmmm nachos! My mouth is watering!

Anonymous said...

I think after your Favorite Fall Memories, you need to start sharing your Happy Holiday Memories and then your Sensational Spring Memories, Sizzeling Summer Memories, etc. I love reading your blog, Sarah! I do not think you should end it.

JennyH said...

That is funny! It would be hard to punish such a sweet face!

I love looking at all your pictures and reading about your adventures.