My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Time to Renew My State ID

I thought you might like to see what I did on Saturday.

I had to renew my State of Ohio ID card.
It expired on my birthday, so actually I'm late.
I need it when I'm asked for a photo ID and to prove I'm 19.

Here I am signing the application.

Good thing this is not the photo that is on my real ID.

This lady just called my name. It's ready.



Ouch, This ID used up half my money. I do not drive yet. TJ got a car for his 16th birthday. It was my parent's old one, but they had it painted black for him because he wasn't too crazy about it being purple and then they put a big bow on it. So I asked for a car on my 16th birthday too. My mom said I had to take a test first. I hate tests. Forget it. Maybe one day, but for now I have all the drivers I need: mom, dad, TJ, my friends Stacy and Lisa, grandpa and I bet Julie would drive me if I asked her to.

2 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

i just came across your blog as i was hopping around the blogsphere and i just HAD to tell you i think you are super awesome! i am adding you to my google reader so i can remember to come back and soak up more of your bloggy goodness!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I personally hate driving so if you got someone to drive for you, then who needs it, right?

But if you do decide to make the huge leap... I'll be rooting you on!