My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Late Breaking News - 10/12/08

I thought you might enjoy seeing Matt and me today.
The camp that Matt goes to each summer had a pumpkin festival.
It was sunny and hot - 82 degrees - which is really unusual for Ohio this time of year. We went on a hayride, ate burgers on the barbecue, enjoyed donuts and cider and had a really good time.

A MESSAGE FROM MOM: Here is my little humor of the day. The past couple of years when we go to an event like the one we went to today, we have a simple transport wheelchair that we push Sarah in. We have learned that she only wears out once we haved reached the back of the park, and we can no longer carry her piggy back style. So today we are in the woods strolling along and a nice looking gentleman glances at Sarah and says, " Oh you have a spider on your shirt." OH my gosh, I jump around to the front of the chair to protect my babe and he smiles and then I look at her shirt and think to myself, fool. About twenty minutes later, same thing happens and what do I do? I fall for it a second time. Now do you think it will happen again, not quite. The third time I just give a non-chalant smirk thinking a--hole, until a real spider starts crawling across my neck. EEEEKKKKK!!!!!

15 comments:

sheree said...

how fun!

I love your shirt! You are so festive ;)

Ruben and Jo Ann said...

Hello, My name is JoAnn. I have 7 kids. 6 girls and one boy. 2 of the girls have Down's syndrome and we are going to adopt 2 more little girls with Down's syndrome. I love your blog...Maybe you could babysit my kids! Have a great day!

Michelle said...

Sounds like a wonderful fall day!

Kele said...

Wow! So pleased you found our blog so that I could find YOU? Sarah, all I can seem to think of as I look around your blog is how absolutely lovely and beautiful you are. WOW! What an inspiration you are! I look forward to peeking in on you and your family... (you got some handsome brothers too!! ;-)

Cleo said...

Yes!!!, I always enjoy and love seeing your pictures Sarah!!!. :)

Shawndi84 said...

What a fun day!! 82 degree's!! Holy Cow- that is HOT! I saw snow flakes today where I live! (mountains in UT)
I LOVE your shirt, it is so cute. Your little brother is very handsome too!!

Rachel said...

Hi Sarah! I just wanted to tell you how much I have enjoyed your blog. My name is Rachel and I am adopting a little girl from India who also has Down syndrome. It is my hope that she will grow up to be just as beautiful, smart and talented as you are. Thank you for sharing your life. Congratulations on your graduation and you looked just gorgeous at your prom!

Cammie Heflin said...

Too cute! Great pic!

Anonymous said...

Jealous in Utah...
Wow, such nice weather, can those of us in snow come and visit! Sounds like a fun day.

Areian & Anthony's Grandma

Mandy said...

Hey Sarah - I LOVE your blog!
Looks like you and your family have a lot of fun!

WheresMyAngels said...

Love the shirt, I noticed it first thing off. What a great photo also!

SunflowerMom said...

Sounds like a fun day! I'm LOL at your mom falling for the spider trick so many times.

waldenhouse said...

Sarah, great picture of you and your brother. Sounds like a fun day.
And mom, hysterical story!

Tracey said...

I love your picture! I have to agree with your Mom - spiders wig me out too! Thomas scares me all the time with a fake one! EEWWW....

Celine said...

LOL! I just had to laugh at that post!
I think I would have fell for it at least twice! :)