My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Favorite Fall Memory # 8


MAKE A WISH !!!

October 8th is my Grandma Hillick's Birthday

Here we are on October 8, 1994. I am 5.

We are waiting to eat at Outback Steak House.

I am such a Grandpa's girl.

We are very proud of Grandma. She retired from teaching shortly after I was born and became very involved with the The ARC in Stark County, the Down Syndrome Support group in Canton and the Stark County Board of MR/DD. She was even honored as the Volunteer of the Year and I got to go to this big fancy dinner with her and grandpa.

Happy Birthday Grandma !!! We love you. xoxoxoxox

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a lucky girl Sarah to have two wonderful grandparents. Your grandma has been a wonderful volunteer. I can see why you are so proud of her.

Anonymous said...

Sarah this is lovely.

Lily said...

What a sweet tribute to your grandma!

Kristi Mantoni said...

I'm here from Ten Squares and I love your blog. The old pictures are wonderful. My favorite is the one of you and your brother at the falls.

I'll be back!