My Name is Sarah

MY NAME IS SARAH. I am a quilt designer and the sewcial director of Sarah's Sewcial Lounge. I also have a business called Down Right Charming. I sell my quilts mostly on etsy and I make pillowcases to donate to patients in the hospital in memory of my friend Kristen Kirton. I am a young adult living with Down syndrome. I hope you enjoy reading about my life journey.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Favorite Fall Memory # 21

Look Out Chicago... Here We Come...

Girl Scout Troop 1977
October 2001
Here we are at Tower City in Downtown Cleveland waiting for the Rapid train to take us to the airport.


This is my airplane ticket.


Me and Jessica hanging at the airport.


Good thing I brought my headphones. This is a long wait.


One rule for our trip: we were only allowed to use mass transit to get around the city so we would learn how to use public transportation. Here are some of our rapid, subway and bus passes.

We took the L-line from the airport to downtown and then we had to walk a few blocks to get to where we were staying. Boy was I glad my suitcase had wheels on it.


We stayed at the Chicago Youth Hostel. It was very nice. Here we are in the lobby.
















3 comments:

Tracey said...

As always, I love your pictures! I also stopped by to let you know that I have nominated you for an award. Your blog is great and you need to be recognized! Swing by and pick it up!

Tracey

Celine said...

Ohh sounds like a fun trip! :)

datri said...

Wow, that is one awesome Girl Scout trip!